Klein, J. (2008). Decentralized Management in Schools: Delegating Authority – From theory and research to practice. Tel Aviv: Cherikover Publishers (Hebrew).
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
1. Binyamini, R., Gaziel, H. & Klein, J. (2001). The effects of an in-service training program on the educational attitudes and professional identity of Israeli retired army officers. In: M. Granot. (Ed.). Peroth Yosef: Anthology of research studies. (pp. 108-136). (Hebrew).
2. Klein, J. (2005). Similarity and Dissimilarity between Intuitive and Computer-Assisted Decisions. In: L.V. Barnes (Ed.). Contemporary Teaching and Teacher Issues, New York: Nova Science Publishers, (pp. 77-88).
3. Klein, J., Maslovaty, N. & Zichner, O. (Eds.) (2002). Educational research in an uncertain era. A refereed proceedings disk. The 13th Conference of the Israeli Educational Research Organization. Ramat-Gan: Bar-Ilan University.
ARTICLES IN REFEREED JOURNALS/PERIODICALS:
1. Gaziel, H. & Klein, J. (1985). The relationship between the assessment of community educational facilities by local residents, and their perception of the factors affecting these services. Studies in Educational Administration and Organization, 12, 4-15. (Hebrew).
2. Gaziel, H. & Klein, J. (1986). Theories of educational budget allocation: A comparative perspective. Hebetim Behinuch (Aspects of Education), Bar-Ilan University, 1, 189-201. (Hebrew).
3. Klein, J. (1988). The reflection of value contents in curricula in state religious schools in Israel. Hebetim Behinuch (Aspects of Education), Bar-Ilan University, 2, 23-50. (Hebrew).
4. Klein, J. (1989). The development of a professional self-image among students in a training program for school administrators. Bar-Ilan University, Institute for the Study and Advancement of Religious Education and Ministry of Education, Unit for Training of School Principals, 15 pp. (Hebrew).
5. Klein, J. (1995). The decision-making process as a tri-directional cognitive function. Studies in Educational Administration and Organization, 20, 25-46. (Hebrew).
6. Klein, J. (1996). The relationship between educational level and field of specialization and cognitive ability in decision-making. Iyunim Behinuch (Studies in Education), 1, 131-146. (Hebrew).
7. Warnet, M. & Klein, J. (1997). The levels of religious schooling and practices of teachers and their perception of school leadership. British Journal of Religious Education, 19(3), 157-170.
8. Klein, J. & Taub, D. (1998). Improved performance in parallel class teaching. Educational Practice and Theory, 20(1), 75-86.
9. Klein, J. (1999). The relationship between level of academic education and reversible and irreversible processes of probability decision-making. Higher Education, 37, 323-339.
10. Klein, J. & Wasserstein, M. (2000). Predictive validity of the locus of control test in selection of school administrators. Journal of Educational Administration, 38(1), 7-24.
11. Taub, D. & Klein, J. (2000). The religious education – religion vs. state. Journal of Church and State, 42(2), 345-366 .
12. Klein, J. (2000). Factors which promote organizational learning in schools. Studies in Educational Administration and Organization, 24, 57-72. (Hebrew).
13. Wasserstein, M. & Klein, J. (2000). Principals’ cognitive strategies for changes of perspective in school innovation. School Leadership & Management, 20(4), 435-457.
14. Wasserstein, M. & Klein, J. (2001). Assumptions of secular and religious teachers in three major dimensions of school cultural life. Panorama, 12(2), 37-56.
15. Klein, J. & Gaziel, H. (2001). Assessment centers as predictors of school principals’ performance. Studies in Educational Administration and Organization, 25, 41-53. (Hebrew).
16. Klein, J. (2001). Attention, scholastic achievement and timing of lesson. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research, 45(3), 301-309.
17. Klein, J. (2002). Prediction of success for school principal candidates by means of a decision-making test. Journal of Educational Administration, 40(2), 118-135.
18. Klein, J. (2002). The failure of a decision support system: Inconsistency in test grading by teachers. Teaching and Teacher Education, 18, 1023-1033.
19. Klein, J. & Herman R. (2003). The contribution of a decision support system to
educational decision making processes. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 28(3), 273-290.
20. Wasserstein, M. & Klein, J. (2003). The impact of world view on teachers’ perception of human nature and relationship. British Journal of Religious Education, 25(3), 226-244.
21. Klein, J. & Pat El, L. (2003). Impairment of teacher efficiency during extended sessions of test correction. European Journal of Teacher Education, 26(3), 383-392.
22. Klein, J. (2004). The effect of peer pressure among teachers on evaluation of achievement. Research in the Schools, 11(1), 14-21.
23. Klein, J. (2004). Who is most responsible for gender differences in scholastic achievements: Pupils or teachers? Educational Research, 46(2), 183-193.
24. Klein, J. (2004). Planning middle school schedules for improved attention and achievement. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research, 48(4), 441-450.
25. Klein, J. (2004). The contribution of higher education to the development of objective and subjective judgment in day-to-day decision-making. Higher Education in Europe, 29(2), 255-268.
26. Klein, J. (2004). The effectiveness of intuitive and computer-assisted educational decision making in simple and complex educational situations. Education and Information Technologies, 9(4), 321-332.
27. Klein, J. & Wasserstein, M. (2005). The contribution of decision support systems (DSS) to consolidation of educational policies. School Leadership & Management, 25(2), 159-173. Taylor & Francis publishers.
28. Klein, J. (2005). Effectiveness of school staff meetings: Implications for teacher-training and conduct of meetings. International Journal of Research & Methods in Education, 28(1), 67-81.
29. Klein, J. (2005). The contribution of a decision support system to complex educational decisions. Educational Research and Evaluation, 11(3), 221-324.
30. Klein., & Taub, D. (2005). The effect of variations in handwriting and print on evaluation of student essays. Assessing Writing, 10(2), 134-148.
31. Klein, J. & Wasserstein, M.(2006). Repetitive teaching as a tool for increased effectiveness in lesson presentation. Educational Practice and Theory, 28(2), 75-82.
32. Klein , J., Weiss, I. (2007). Towards an integration of intuitive and systematic decision making in education, Journal of educational Administration, 45(3), 265-277.
33. Klein, J. (2007). The contribution of a Simple Decision Process (SDP) to reducing biases in educational decisions, Journal of experiential Education, 30(2), 153-170.
34. Klein, J. (2007). The contribution of DSS to limiting differences in decisions between successful and unsuccessful teachers, Journal of Educational Computing Research, 37(4), 419-435.
35. Klein, J. (2009) The letter "vav" and other characters of the Hebrew alphabet as the beginning letter of Scriptural verses: A random linguistic occurrence or a meaningful pattern, B.D.D, 21, 35-52, Bar Ilan University Press.
36. Klein, J. (2010) Steps toward promoting consistency in educational decisions International Journal of Educational Management, 24(2), 105-115.
37. Klein, J. (2012). The open-door policy: Transparency minimizes conflicts between school principals and staff. International Journal of Educational Management, 26(6), 550-564.
38. Klein, J. (2012). Repetition of Lesson Presentation as a Tool for Improvement of Teaching Efficiency. Teachers and Teaching Theory and Practice, 18(6), 733-746.
39. Klein, J. (2013). Individual and Group Performance of Computerized Educational Tasks. Education and Information Technologies, 18(3), 443.458.
40. Klein, J. (2013). Computational Tools for Identifying the Most Accurate Tenachic (Old Testament) Version. , 27, 123-128, Academic Reports, B.D.D. Bar Ilan University Press.
BOOKS REVIEWS IN REFEREED JOURNALS (Less than 10 pages)
Klein, J. (2010). Review of the book The Logic of the Lottery, Academic Reports, B.D.D., 23, 63-66, Bar Ilan University Press.