Articles in periodicals
1. Efrati, Y., & Spada, M.M. (2023). Development and validation of the metacognitions about sex scale: Exploring its role as a mediator between negative affect, emotion dysregulation strategies, and compulsive sexual behavior disorder. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy.
2. Efrati, Y., & Rosenberg, H. (2023). Latent profile analysis of problematic smartphone use and parental strategies: A six-month prospective study. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction.
3. Efrati, Y. (2023). Do parents correctly perceive the quality of sex-related communication with their children in times of a COVID-19 pandemic? Children and Youth Services Review, 153, 107105.
4. Efrati, Y. (2023). Risk and protective factor profiles predict addictive behavior among adolescents. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 123,152387.
5. Efrati, Y. (2023). Parental practices as predictors of adolescents’ compulsive sexual behavior: a 6-month prospective study. European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
6. Efrati, Y. (2023). Compulsive sexual behavior in adolescents: The roles of personality, attachment orientations, cognitive mechanisms, and psychopathology. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 47: 469–482.
7. Efrati, Y., & Spada, M.M. (2023). "I have no control over how much time I play". The Metacognitions about Online Gaming Scale: Evidence from a cross-cultural validation among Israeli adolescents. Addictive Behaviors, 141, 107638.
8. Efrati, Y., Gewirtz-Meydan, A., (2023). Just talk to them! The importance of teacher-pupil communication about child sexual abuse and harassments as preventative measure: Data from an Israeli sample of pupils and their home-room teachers. Sexuality Research and Social Policy, 20:273–286.
9. Efrati, Y., Goldman, K., Levin, K., & Rosca, P. (2022). A bridge of distress: distress as the key mediator between substance use disorders among women and the co-occurrence of compulsive sexual behavior disorder. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction.
10. Efrati, Y., Kolubinski, C.D, Marino, C., & Spada, M.M. (2023). Early maladaptive schemas are associated with adolescents’ substance and behavioral addictions. Journal of Rational-Emotive & Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, 41, 690–709.
11. Ophir, Y., Rosenberg, H., Efrati, Y., Tikochinski, R., (2023). Mothers’ perceptions of children’s screen use During the COVID-19 lockdown in Israel. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 32, 81–92.
12. Efrati, Y., Goldman, K., Levin, K., & Rosca, P. (2022). Early-life trauma, negative and positive life events, compulsive sexual behavior disorder and risky sexual action tendencies among young women with substance use disorder, Addictive Behaviors, 133, 107379.
13. Efrati, Y., & Spada, M.M. (2022). Self-perceived substance and behavioral addictions among Jewish Israeli adolescents during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Addictive Behaviors Report, 15, 100431.
14. Efarti, Y., Kraus, W.S., Kaplan, G. (2022). Common features in compulsive sexual behavior, substance use disorders, personality, temperament, and attachment – a narrative review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19, 296.
15. Sassover, E., Abrahamovitch, Z., Amsel,Y., Halle, D., Mishan, Y., & Efrati, Y., & Weinstein, A. (2023). A study on the relationship between shame, guilt, self-criticism and compulsive sexual behaviour disorder. Current Psychology, 42(10), 8347-8355.
16. Efrati, Y., Kolubinski, C.D, Marino, C., & Spada, M.M. (2021). Modelling the contribution of metacognitions, impulsiveness, and thought suppression to behavioural addictions in adolescents. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18, 3820.
17. Efrati, Y., & Amichai-Hamburger, Y. (2021). Adolescents who solely engage in online sexual experiences are at higher risk for compulsive sexual behavior. Addictive Behaviors. Volume 118, 106874.
18. Efrati, Y., Shukron, O., & Epstein, R. (2021). Early maladaptive schemas are highly indicative of compulsive sexual behavior. Evaluation & the Health Professions. 44, 142-151.
19. Efrati, Y., & Boniel-Nissim, M. (2021). Parents’ psychopathology promotes the adoption of ineffective pornography-related parenting mediation strategies. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 47, 117-129.
20. Efrati, Y. Kolubinski, C.D, Caselli, G., & Spada, M.M. (2020). Desire thinking as a predictor of compulsive sexual behaviour in adolescents: Evidence from a cross-cultural validation of the Hebrew version of the Desire Thinking Questionnaire. Journal of Behavioral Addictions, 9, 797–807.
21. Zilberman, N., Yadid, G., Efrati, Y., Rassovsky, Y. (2020). Who becomes addicted and to what? Psychosocial predictors of substance and behavioral addictive disorders. Psychiatry Research. Volume 291, 113221.
22. Efrati, Y., & Amichai-Hamburger, Y. (2020). Are adolescents who consume pornography different from those who engaged in online sexual activities? Children and Youth Services Review. Volume 111, 104843.
23. Efrati, Y. (2020). Problematic and non-problematic pornography use and compulsive sexual behaviors among understudied populations: Children and adolescents. Current Addicton Reports, 7, 68–75.
24. Boniel-Nissim, M., Efrati., Y, & Dolev-Cohen, M. (2020). Parental mediation regarding children's pornography exposure: The role of parenting style, protection motivation and gender. Journal of Sex Research, 57, 42-51.
25. Efrati, Y. (2019). Normal Versus Abnormal Sexual Behavior in Adolescents. Psychiatric Times. 36, 9,14.
26. Zilberman, N., Yadid, G., Efrati, Y., Rassovsky, Y. (2019). Negative and positive life events and their relation to substance and behavioral addictions. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. Volume 204, 107562.
27. Efrati, Y., Shukron, O., & Epstein, R. (2019). Compulsive sexual behavior and sexual offending: Differences in cognitive schemas, sensation seeking and impulsivity. Journal of Behavioral Addictions, 8, 432–441.
28. Efrati, Y., & Gola, M. (2019). Adolescents’ compulsive sexual behavior: The role of parental competence, parents’ psychopathology, and quality of parent-child communication about sex. Journal of Behavioral Addictions, 8, 420–431.
29. Efrati, Y., & Gola, M. (2019). The effect of early-life trauma on compulsive sexual behavior among members of a twelve-step group. Journal of Sexual Medicine. 16, 803-811.
30. Efrati, Y, Gerber., Z., & Tolmacz, R. (2019). The relation of intra-psychic and relational aspects of the self to compulsive sexual behavior. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 45, 618-631.
31. Efrati, Y. (2019). A response to Pirutinsky's (2019) religion and compulsive sexuality. Journal of Sex Research. 56, 144-145.
32. Efrati, Y., & Amichai-Hamburger, Y. (2019). The use of online pornography as compensation for loneliness and lack of social ties among Israeli adolescents. Psychological Reports, 122, 1865–1882.
33. Efrati, Y., (2019). God, I can't stop thinking about sex! The rebound effect in unsuccessful suppression of sexual thoughts among religious adolescents. Journal of Sex Research. 56, 146-155.
34. Efrati, Y & Dannon, P. (2018). Normative and clinical self-perceptions of sexuality and their links to psychopathology among adolescents. Psychopathology, 51 :380–389.
35. Efrati, Y., & Gola, M. (2018). Understanding and predicting profiles of compulsive sexual behavior among adolescents. Journal of Behavioral Addictions,7, 1004–1014.
36. Efrati, Y., & Gola, M. (2018). Compulsive sexual behavior: A Twelve-step Therapeutic Approach. Journal of Behavioral Addictions, 7, 445–453.
37. Efrati, Y., (2018). Adolescents with a disposition toward compulsive sexual behavior: The role of shame in willingness to seek help and treatment. Sexual Addiction & Compulsivity, 25, 28-45.
38. Efrati, Y., & Gola, M. (2018). Treating compulsive sexual behavior. Current Sexual Health Reports, 10, 57–64.
39. Efrati, Y., (2018). Adolescent compulsive sexual behavior: Is it a unique psychological phenomenon. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy. 44, 687-700.
40. Zilberman, N., Yadid, G., Efrati, Y., Neumark, Y., Rassovsky, Y., (2018). Personality profiles of substance and behavioral addictions. Addictive Behaviors, 82, 174-181.
41. Efrati, Y., & Mikulincer, M. (2018). Individual-based compulsive sexual behavior scale: Its development and importance in examining compulsive sexual behavior. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 44, 249-259.
42. Tolmacz, R., Mahajna, S. & *Efrati, Y. (2017). The sense of entitlement in romantic relationships: ethnic and religious aspects, Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 20, 728-740.
43. Ein-Dor, T., Perry-Paldi, A., Zohar-Cohen, K., Efrati, Y., & Hirschberger, G. (2017). It takes an insecure liar to catch a liar: The link between attachment insecurity, deception, and detection of deception. Personality and Individual Differences. 113, 81–87.
44. Ein-Dor, T., Perry-Paldi, A., Merrin, J., Efrati, Y., & Hirschberger, G. (2017). Effective disengagement: Insecure people are more likely to disengage from an ongoing task and take effective action when facing danger. Journal of Personality. 86, 233–246.
45. Tolmacz, R., Efrati, Y., & Ben-David, B. (2016). The sense of relational entitlement among adolescents toward their parents (SREap) e Testing an adaptation of the SRE. Journal of adolescence, 53, 127-140.
Chapter in book
1. Efrati, Y. (2023). Just talk to them! The importance of communication between parents, teachers and children in sexual behaviors and in the treatment of sexual abuse. In Harpaz, Y. & Hurvitz, E. (Eds.), "Save the Middle School". (In Hebrew).
2. Efrati, Y. (2023). Pornography among adolescence - Four points of view. In Harpaz, Y. & Hurvitz, E. (Eds.), "Save the Middle School". (In Hebrew).
3. Efrati, Y. (2018). Hypersexual behavior. In Dannon, P. (Eds.), Chronicle of addiction in the 21st century: from pleasure to dependence and addiction (pp. 95-107). Helicon books. (In Hebrew).