Lecturer, Head of English Language track in Teacher Training program
Dr. Hagit Rifinski
2022 - present - PowerMBA, The Power Business School, Online
2011 - 2016 - Ph.D. in Linguistics, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan
1996 - 1998 - MA in TESOL, Institute of Education, London University, London, U.K.
1993 - 1994 - BED in Education, Seminar Hakibutzim, Tel-Aviv
1990 - 1993 0 English Teacher Diploma, Seminar Hakibutzim, Tel-Aviv
1989 - ABTA-NTB – Travel Agency Course, London, U.K. Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
1986 - Teacher Course, Israel Army of Defense, School of Education
1979 - 1986 - Gymnasia Hertzlia High School, Tel-Aviv
1977 - 1979 - Moriah College, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia
1974 - 1977 - Tel-Nordau Elementary School, Tel-Aviv
2017 - present Head, TESOL Certification Program, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan.
2016 - prenest Lecturer, Talpiot College of Eductaion, Holon.
2005 - present English teacher & homeroom teacher, Alliance High School, Tel-Aviv
2016-2017 Teacher Trainer, Beit Berl College, Kfar Saba
2014-2015 Teacher Trainer, MTeach, Seminar Hakibutzim, Tel-Aviv
2008-2009 Teacher Trainer, Retraining Program, Seminar Hakibutzim, Tel- Aviv
2004 – 2005 ESL teacher – Bialik College, Melbourne.
2003 Hebrew teacher, Leibler Yavneh College, Melbourne.
1999-2002 Author of EFL books, Eric Cohen Books, Raanana.
1994-2002 English teacher & homeroom teacher, Alliance High School, Tel-Aviv
1997-1998 Teacher Coordinator, Alliance High School, Tel-Aviv
1995-1998 Designer of EFL computer software, Tel-Aviv University.
1988-1990 Information officer, Israel Government Tourist Office – London.
1986-1988 Hebrew teacher of new immigrant soldiers, Nachal Israel Army.
2017 - English Playtime at the Elifelet Centers-A kit for teaching English to Refugee children, Beit Berl.
2015-2019 - Examiner, On School for Children with Cerebr Paisy, Tel- Aviv.
2010 - Teacher trainer, Agahozo Shalom Youth Village, Kigali, Rwanda.
1983 - President of Gymnasia Herzlia Juniour High School Student Body.
1983-1986 - Israel Scout Movement- Youth Leader/Scoutmaster/Director of Education of the Tel-Aviv Branch
- 2021 - Teacher Trainers Go Book Surfing, moderator. Rethinking Teacher Education Online Conference, Mofet Institute, Israel.
- 2021 The space between forgetting and remembering – An investigation of the use of ‘negation+forget’ in personal stories of Rwandan orphans, Linguistics and the Human Sciences, Issue 14.3.
- 2021 - Teaching Reading Comprehension Skills in ESL/EFL – A Practical Teacher’s Guide, TESOL Journal.
- 2019 - Yet one more of Tamar Feuerstein’s Contribution – Teaching Reading Comprehension Skills in ESL/EFL, ETAI FORUM Vol- XXXI No 1 Spring 2019
- 2019 - 5 Steps to Teaching Grammar Effectively, a paper presented at the international ETAI 40th Anniversary Conference, Israel.
- 2019 - Innovating Micro-Teaching Courses for Better Classroom Management, a paper presented at the 7th International Conference in Teacher Education, Israel.
- 2018 - Summer Course in Narrative Studies, Aarhus University, Denmark
- 2017 - Never to be Forgotten-A Linguistic Investigation into the Lives of Rwandan Orphans, a paper presented in the Why Remember Conference, Sarajevo.
- 2016 - The Space between Remembering and Forgetting, a paper Presented at the IABA Conference- Excavating Lives, Cyprus.
- 2014 - Curriculum for the Enrichment Year at Agahozo Shalom Youth Village, Rwanda
- 2000-2002 - Co-writer of the following books published by Eric Cohen Books: Language Practice 2 – A Grammar Book for the 7th Grade Take Action – A Coursebook and Teacher Guide for the 7th Grade. Cookie Island – A Coursebook for 3rd-4th Grades
- 1995-1998 - Co-writer of the following books and Software published by the Center for Educational Technology: Go on Reading –Multimedia Reading Comprehension Software Dolphins – A Workbook for teaching Heterogenous classes Star Reading – Multilevel Reading Cards
- Methodology for Teaching English
- English Proficiency
- EFL Micro-Teaching
- EFL Practicum
Fields of Expertise
- Engilish Linguistics
Last Updated Date : 02/01/2023