Objectives of the Center
Strengthening the training of educators by up-to-date scientific theoretical knowledge in special education and by the application of this knowledge in the field. Program graduates serve in key positions in the Israeli special education system, including positions in professional training and management.
The Special education center offers two main tracks:
- The track with a thesis with leading scholars in the field serving as advisors. You can specialize in social-emotional or cognitive issues related to a variety of disabilities (learning disabilities, language impairment, pervasive developmental disorder, emotional disturbances, mental retardation, and sensory impairment).
- The track without a thesis offers courses covering academic-cognitive and social-emotional issues related to characteristics of children with various disabilities.
Continuing education is offered in special areas of knowledge required in the education field, such as dynamic evaluation and didactic evaluation.
- Bachelor's degree in special education or related therapeutic professions from a recognized university or college with a GPA of at least 87.
- Graduates with degrees in other professions can apply only to this program, on the basis of academic excellence in undergraduate studies and research experience.
- Bachelor's degree in special education from a recognized university or college with a GPA of at least 87.
- Teaching certificate, preferably in the area of special education.
- Field experience in special education.
Applicants to both tracks must submit letters of recommendation.
Applicants who meet the criteria will be invited for a personal interview.
Those accepted into the program will have to take supplemental courses according to their educational background.
Note that these are minimum requirements and there is no guarantee that every applicant meeting these conditions will be accepted.
To view the curriculum, click here
Center director - Prof. Nirit Bauminger
School of Education, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, 52900 Israel
Office: 905 Education Building