Prof. Gaziel Haim
March 2014 Haim H. Gaziel
Born March 6, 1946
Home Address 12, Yoram Ronen Sreet
Telephone No. +972-2‑6431924
Fax. No. +972-2-6418442
Institution Bar-Ilan University
1970 B.A. Social Sciences and Humanities (two majors), Hebrew University, Jerusalem
1971 High School Teaching Diploma ‑ Social Sciences, Hebrew University, Jerusalem
1972 M.A. Educational Management (with thesis) ‑ Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Magna cum Laude
1975 Ph.D. , Sorbonne University, Management Sciences ,Paris, France – Summa Cum Laude
Appointments and Promotions
2014- Professor Emeritus at Bar Ilan University.
2012- Visiting professor at the University of Maryland, College of Education, Department of Leadership, Administration and Policy.
2008- Visiting professor at the University of Lausanne, Institute of Social and Public
2005- Visiting professor at the University of Maryland, Department of Leadership, Administration and Policy.
2001-2011. Director of the Yehuda Amir Institute for Social Integration , Bar
1998-1999 Visiting professor, at University of Pittsburgh, School of Education.
1996-present Professor of Public and Educational Administration
Bar Ilan University.
1992-1995 Director of the Educational Research Institute, Bar-Ilan University
1988-1995 Associate Professor of Public and Educational Administration ,Bar Ilan University
1988-1992 Head, School of Education, Bar-Ilan University.
1986-1987 Visiting Scholar, University of London, Department of Leadership, Administration and Policy Studies(U.K)
1984-1986 Associate Head, for Academic Affairs, School of Education, Bar‑Ilan University
1981-1987 Senior Lecturer, of Public and Educational Administration - Bar-Ilan University University
1981-1983 Director of Bar-Ilan University Extensions
- Lecturer, of Public and Educational Administration , Bar Ilan University.
1967-1968 Primary School Teacher, "Sinai School", Beer-Sheva
1968-1970 Social Sciences' Teacher, "Ohel Shlomo", High School, Beer-Sheva
1970-1971 Principal, "Ort-Alliance" Vocational School, Jerusalem
1971-1975 Director, Education Department, Jewish Agency, Paris, France
1975-1977 Secondary Schools' Inspector at the City of Jerusalem
Service to the Community
1980-1981 Member of the Governmental Committee for Public Planning in the Negev
1985-1986 Member of the Ministry of Education Committee for School Autonomy
1987-1988 Member of the Israeli Presidential Committee on Decentralization
1989-1990 Member of the National Committee for Policy Making in non profit organizations
1990-present Member of the Ministry of Education Committee for School Principals Training and Evaluation
1992-present Member of the Ministry of Education Committee for Magnet Schools
Member of the Ministry of Education Committee for School Decentralization
1993-1996 Member of the Ministry of Education Committee for Pedagogical Issues
1994-1996 Member of the Supreme Research Committee in the Israeli Ministry of Interior
1998-present Member of the Academic Advisory Committee to the Histadruth Hamorim Israeli Teacher Union
2002-2003 President of the Israeli Educational Research Association
2008 cont. Chairperson of the Lipshitz College of Education Academic Council.
Service to the University
1979-1980 Member of the University Committee for Students' Admission
1982-1983 Academic Director of the University Program for Training Young Leaders to Developmental Towns
1984-1985 Head of the University Committee for Cooperation with Israeli High Schools
1991-1993 Head of the University Committee for Students' Admission
2001-2003 Member of the University Senate Steering Committee
2004 -2011. Member of the Senate Doctoral Committee.
2006-2008-. Member of the Senate nominations committee
2008 cont. Member of University Senate Steering Committee.
2011-2013 Member of University Senate Appeal Committee
Areas of Major Specialization
Public and Educational Administration
Leadership Training and Development
Human resource management
Comparative education policy
Introduction to educational administration
Introduction to educational policy
Educational administration structures and processes
Human resource management,
Organization decision making
Leadership training and development
Politics in educational organizations
School effectiveness and improvement
American Educational Research Association(AERA) (Divisions: sections(A) administration and L policy)
British Leadership Management and Administration Society(UK)
Academy of management society(USA)
European association of public administration and public policy(Belgium)
Editorial Board Membership and Journals' Reviewer
Iyounim Beminhal Ubeirgun Hahinuch (Hebrew)(Israel)
Hebetim Behinuch (Hebrew)(Israel)
Hebetim Behoraha (Hebrew)(Israel)
Revue Internationale des Sciences Administratives (Belgium)
Dirigenti Scuola (Italy)
Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology (U.K.)
Management Administration and Leadership (U.K.)
International Journal of Educational Leadership (U.S.A.)
Journal of Cross Cultural Management(Spain)
1. Gaziel, H. (ed.) (1982). Anthology on Educational Policy as a Political Process, Tel-Aviv: Bar Urian Publications,
2. Gaziel, H. (ed.) (1988). Educational Policy Making: A Comparative Perspective, Beer Sheva: Ben Gurion University press.
3. Gaziel, H. (ed.) (1989). Anthology on Leadership in Education, Tel-Aviv: Bar-Urian Publications.
Refereed Monographs and Books
4. Gaziel, H. (1977). School Structure Effect Upon Pupils' Perception of the Israeli Social Structure, Jerusalem: Ministry of Education.
5. Gaziel, H. (1982). Introduction to Public Management. Tel-Aviv: Dekel Academic Press. (three editions).(Hebrew)
6. Gaziel, H. (1986). Introduction to Management Tel-Aviv : Dekel Academic Press. (Hebrew).
7. Gaziel, H. (1990). Contemporary Management Thought, Tel-Aviv: Ramot:- Tel-Aviv University Press. (Hebrew).
8. Gaziel, H. (1997). Politics and Policy Making in Education. London: Sussex Academic Press.
9. Gaziel, H. & Warnet, M. (1998). Le Facteur Qualite dans l’Ecole de l’An 2000, Paris: Presses Universitaires de France. (Published in Italian by the University of Milan and in Spanish by AULA Press at Madrid).
10. Gaziel, H. (1998). Israeli Education from Change to Continuity, Jerusalem: Center for Public Affairs.
11. Maslovati, N.& Gaziel, H. (1999). Teachers’ Profile in State Religious Education. Tel-Aviv: Histadruth Hamorim publication press. (Hebrew).
12. Gaziel, H. (2003). Self Managing Schools: Theory Research and Practices, Tel-Aviv: Ramot-Tel-Aviv University Press.
Chapters in Refereed Books
13. Gaziel, H. (1981). The Relationship between the Perception of the Ideal Supervisory Behavior and Teachers' Motivation Orientation. In Y. Neumann & E. Ben‑Baruch (Eds.), Educational Administration and Policy Making in Israel, Tel-Aviv: Unipress, .
14. Gaziel, H. (1992). Labor Relations in Education: The Case of Israel. In B. Cooper (Ed.), International Handbook of Labor Relations New-York: Praeger.
15. Gaziel, H. (1992). Educational Administration. In I. Kashti & M. Arieli (Eds.), Lexikon in Education and Teaching. Tel-Aviv: Massada (Hebrew).
16. Gaziel, H. (1998). Structures and Processes in Israeli Education Policy. In E. Peled (Ed.), Sefer Hayovel Lemaerechet Hahinuch(pp-67-85) Tel-Aviv: Ministry of Defense Publications.(Hebrew).
Articles in Refereed Journals
17. Gaziel, H. (1978). Supervisory behavior in education, Journal of Education, 50, 336‑344.
18. Gaziel, H. (1978). Les dimensions sociales d'une politique educative, Revue de L'Institut de Sociology, 51, 382‑392.
19. Gaziel, H. (1979). An analysis of the Jewish conception of educational leadership, Shevile Hahinuch, 38, 88‑96 and 148‑152 (Hebrew).
20. Gaziel, H. (1979). Cost-benefit analysis in education: A critical perspective, Iyounim Behinuch, 15, 56‑67 (Hebrew).
21. Gaziel, H. (1979). Role set conflict and role behavior in educational system: An empirical study", The Journal of Educational Administration, 17, 56‑67.
22. Gaziel, H. (1979). The perception of the supervisor roles in education, Iyounim Behinuch, 22, 73‑91 (Hebrew).
23. Gaziel, H. (1980). Computer as a tool in decision making in organizations, Readers in Management, 59, 20‑37.
24. Gaziel, H. (1980). Advisory councils on the policy making process in education, European Journal of Education, 15, 399‑407.
25. Gaziel, H. (1980). Projet de modele pour l'evaluation globale du processus administrative, Revue Internationale des Sciences Administratives, 46, 160‑175.
26. Gaziel, H. & Berrebi, M. (1981). The determinates of decision making in local authorities, Netive Irgoun Uminhal, 2, 10‑16 (Hebrew).
27. Gaziel, H. (1982). A critical Analysis of research approaches to policy Making, Revaon Lemehkar Hevrati, 20, 266-277 (Hebrew).
28. Gaziel, H. (1982). The educational budget as a bargaining issue between central and local government", Iyounim Behinuch, 27, 43-64 (Hebrew).
29. Gaziel, H. (1982). The Relationship between the educational administration Students' personal values and their perception of the ideal supervisory behavior, Iyounim Beminhal Ubeirgoun Hahinuch, 10, 56‑68 (Hebrew).
30. Gaziel, H. (1982). Urban policy outputs : A proposed framework for assessment and some empirical evidence, Urban Education, 17, 139‑157.
31. Gaziel, H. (1983). Staff participation in elementary school decision making and job satisfaction, School Organization Journal, 3, 139‑151.
32. Gaziel, H. (1984). Determinates of educational expenditure policy on the local level: A causal model, Planning and Changing, 15, 67‑80.
33. Gaziel, H. (1985). Job satisfaction among school principals, Iyounim Behinuch, 22, 12‑22.(Hebrew).
34. Gaziel, H. & Klein J. (1985). Citizens' assessment of educational service and their locus of control, Journal of Educational Management, 12, 5‑15.
35. Gaziel, H. & Klein J. (1986). Theories of educational budget allocation: A comparative perspective, Hebetim Behinuch, 1, 189‑201 (Hebrew).
36. Gaziel, H. (1986). Correlates of job satisfaction: A study of the two factor theory in education, The Journal of Psychology, 120, 613‑626.
37. Gaziel, H. (1986). The relationship between personal value systems and performance of administrators in religious and non religious schools, Iyunim Beminhal Hahinuch, 11, 27‑40 (Hebrew).
38. Gaziel, H. (1987). Climat psychosocial de l'ecole et la satisfaction que les enseignants du second degre tirent de leur travail, Travail Humain: Journal de Psychologie Appliquee, 50, 35‑45.
39. Gaziel, H. & Tsoyzner Y. (1987). Correlates of secondary teachers’ promotion expectations, Iyunim Beminhal Ubeirgoun Hahinuch, 14, 95‑109 (Hebrew).
40. Gaziel, H. & Romm T. (1988). From centralization to decentralization: The case of Israel as a unique pattern of control, European Journal of Education, 23, 345‑355.
41. Gaziel, H. (1988). Some ingredients in policy implementation relationships: evidence from the British education since 1976, International Journal of Educational Administration, 2, 5‑17.
42. Gaziel, H. (1988). Differences in school effectiveness as a function of principal leadership behavior, Journal of International and Comparative Education, 8, 26‑55.
43. Gaziel, H. (1989). Educational policy and implementation some ingredients for a theory construction, Iyounim Beminhal Ubeirgun Hahinch, 17, 5-22 (Hebrew).
44. Gaziel, H. (1989). The emergence of the comprehensive middle school in France: Educational policy making in a centralized system, Comparative Education, 25, 29-40.
45. Gaziel, H. (1989). Determinants of deficiency of autonomy among school administrators, Social Behavior and Personality, 17, 25-37.
46. Gaziel, H. (1989). The effectiveness of in-service training systems for school principals: A comparative study, International Review of Administrative Sciences, 55, 653-667.
47. Gaziel, H. (1989). Effects of in-service training programs upon school administrators professional identity and role perception, Higher Education Policy, 2, 27-31.
48. Gaziel, H. & Horrowitz-Fodor, L. (1990). Gender effects of school administrators upon personal value system and managerial p, Education and Society, 7, 21-39.
49. Gaziel, H. & Weiss, I. (1990). School bureaucratic structure locus of control and alienation among primary school teachers, Research in Education, 43, 10-21.
50. Gaziel, H. (1990). Strategies of control in education as related to organizational and environmental factors, Iyounim Beminhal Ubeirgun Hahinuch, 16, 5-27 (Hebrew).
51. Gaziel, H. (1991). The differential effect of school size upon pupils feelings of alienation, Ricerca Educativa: The European Journal of Educational Research, 7, 303-318.
52. Gaziel, H. (1991). Bureaucratic orientation, teachers’ professional attitudes and organization commitment: A comparative study between elementary and secondary school teachers, New Education Journal, 13, 15-26.
53. Gaziel, H. & Taub, D. (1992). Teachers unions and educational reform: A comparative perspective, Education Policy, 6, 72-86.
54. Gaziel, H. (1992). Team management and school effectiveness, European Journal of Education, 27, 153-164.
55. Gaziel, H. (1993). Coping with occupational stress among teachers: A cross-cultural study, Comparative Education, 29, 67-79.
56. Gaziel, H. (1993). Occupational stress as experienced by principals and teachers: A comparative perspective, Curriculum and Teaching Journal, 8, 81-92.
57. Gaziel, H. (1994). Managerial studies and perceived job performance, Public Personnel Management Review, 23, 341-356.
58. Gaziel, H. (1994). In-service training effect upon teachers’ burnout and teachers’ turnover, International Journal of Lifelong Education, 14, 331-338.
59. Gaziel, H. (1994). Educational reform implementation in a centralized system: The case of Israel, Oxford Review of Education, 20, 237-252.
60. Gaziel, H. (1994). La mise en oevre de le politique educative: Base theorique et application pratique, Revue Canadienne et Internationale de l’Education, 23, 51-66.
61. Gaziel, H. & Warnet, M. (1994). Les Facteurs attache a l’organization determinants les intentions de changement de profession chez les enseignants, Reveue Internationale des Sciences de l’Education, 6, 5-27.
62. Gaziel, H. (1994). Managing pupil control in the classroom. New Education Journal: International journal In Educational Theory 16, 45-53.
63. Gaziel, H. (1995). Managerial work patterns of high-performing vs. average-performing primary school principals, Elementary School Journal, 96, 179-194.
64. Gaziel, H. & Klein, J. (1995). Determinates of school principals Decision making styles, Educational Theory, 17, 31-40.
65. Gaziel, H. (1996). School effectiveness and effectiveness indicators, parents pupils, teachers and principals perspectives, International Review of Education, 45, 475-496.
66. Gaziel, H. & Warnet, M. (1996). Attitudes et interets des parents a l'egard de l'ecole: impact sur les resultats scolaires, Revue Internationale Science de l’Education, 29, 77-101.
67. Gaziel, H. (1997). The impact of `school culture on the effectiveness of secondary schools with low SES students, Journal of Educational Research, 90, 310-318.
68. Gaziel, H. (1997). Efficacite administrative et evaluation des chefs des etablishements scolaires, Administration et Education, 7, 5-17.
69. Gaziel, H. (1998). The differential effect of school demographic variables and school based-management upon school effectiveness, International Review of Education, 44, 319-333.
70. Gaziel, H. & Maslovati, N. (1998). Predictors of job satisfaction in religious schools, Education and Society, 16, 49-59.
71. Gaziel, H. & Blass, N. (1998). The effect of research upon educational policy making: The case of the extension day school in Israel, Education Policy, 12, 85-98.
72. Gaziel, H. & Wasserstein, M. (2000). Validite des instruments de decisions pour l’evaluation des enseignants, European Journal of Teacher Education, 23, 175-188.
73. Gaziel, H. (2001). Teacher work commitment and the effectiveness of disadvantaged secondary schools, Curriculum and Teaching, 16, 51-67.
74. Gaziel, H. (2001). Accelerating comprehensive schools: Does it make a difference upon at risk students: Some empirical evidence, International Review of Education, 47, 7-29.
75. Gaziel, H. (2002). Teacher empowerment reform and teacher perceived effectiveness: A contradictory or complimentary? A theoretical framework and some empirical evidence, Education and Society, 20, 79-89.
76. Gaziel, H. & Klein, J. (2002). Assessment centers as predictors of school principals performance effectiveness, Iyounim Beneirgun Hahinuch, 25, 41-55(Hebrew).
- Gaziel, H. (2003). Images of leadership and its effect upon school principals’
performance, International Review of Education, 49, 475-486.
- Gaziel, H. & Wasserstein, M. (2004). Les facteurs influancant la satisfaction au travail des enseignants dans des contexts organisationnels et socio-culturels differents.
Les Sciences de l'Education, 37, 5-20
- Gaziel, H. (2004). Predictors of absenteeism among primary school teachers. Journal of Social Psychology in Education,7(4), 421-434.
- Gaziel, H. (2006). Re-examining the effects of school principal instructional behavior on student achievement. Journal of Social Sciences,15, 17-24.
81. Gaziel, H. (2006).Teacher sense of efficacy, locus of control organizational patterns and attitudes toward educational innovations .Inter-Science Management Review, 1, 83-94.
82.Gaziel, H. (2006) Teacher sense of efficacy, locus of control and job-related stress.
Work Values and Behavior,3, 607-620
83.Gaziel, H. (2006) Teacher commitment and empowerment in traditional schools and self-managing schools: A comparative study. Educational theory, 28, 7-19.
84. Gaziel, H. (2007) The emergence of the LMS in Israel: A political perspective.
Journal of Political Crossroads, 13, 27-41.
85. Gaziel, H.(2008). Principals performance assessment:: Empirical evidence from an Israeli case study. Educational Management Administration and Leadership, 36, 337-351.
86. Gaziel, H. (2008). SBM emergence and effects. International Studies in Educational Administration ,36 , 19-35.
87. Gaziel, H. (2008). External accountability systems effect upon teacher professional
autonomy, self efficacy and job satisfaction, Education and Society 26, 15-28.
88. Gaziel, H. (2009). Why educational reforms fail?: The emergence and failure of an educational reform, in Zajda, J(ed), Globalization , ideology
and educational policy reforms, Springer, Ch. 11.
89. Gaziel, H. (2009). The impact of globalization upon education: Universal or
Contextual? World Studies in Education, 10, .63-79
90. Gaziel, H. (2010). The educational philosophies of primary school principals: What
makes the difference? In Popov N, et al.(eds) Comparative
education, educational policy school leadership and social
inclusion, Sofia, University of Sofia publications, pp, 297- 315
91. Gaziel, H.(2010).Roles perceptions and job stress among special school
principals: Do they differ from principals of regular
schools? In: Menon, T.S(ed) Competing values in an
uncertain environment. Shreveport, Louisiana State
University Press, pp. 667-676.
92. Gaziel, H.(2012). Privatization by the backdoor: The case of the Israeli higher
Education policy. European Journal of Education ,47, 290-300.
93. Gaziel, H, Cohen-Azaria, Y., and Emernc, K.(2012). Antecedents of principals
managerial behaviors. Journal of Educational and
Social Research 2, 143-153.
94. Gaziel,H(2012).Site-based management impact upon inspector's role perceptions perception, World Studies in Education , 13, 39-53.
95. Gaziel, H. &Ifanti, A(2012). A comparative study of Israeli and Greece principals educational beliefs. Curriculum and Teaching 26, 5-19
96.Gaziel, H., & Ifanti, A.(2014). Teachers' evaluation systems effects upon their perceived effectiveness and efficacy beliefs: A comparative perspective. Teaching and Curriculum, 28, 7-15.
97. Gaziel, H.(2014). The effect of school social organization on teachers efficacy beliefs. In :Popov, N., et al.(eds). Education role in preparing globally citizens, Sofia: BCES vol: 12, pp. 280-289.
Papers under review
98. Gaziel, H. & Wasserstein, M . Les ecoles fonctionants comme des organisations apprenantes sont-elles plus performante?: Base theorique et preuves empiriques.
99. Gaziel, H., &Mendelevitch, I. Teachers' professional identity and teachers pre-service education
Publications (in Professional, Non Refereed Journals)
1. Gaziel, H. (1974). La Motivation a l'Etude et la Personalite de l'Eleve, Hamore, 17, 24‑29.
2. Gaziel, H. (1974). L'Enseignement du Tenach a l'Ecole Juive, Hamore, 18, 22‑25.
3. Gaziel, H. (1975). L'Enseignement par Groupe, Hamore, 19, 38‑42.
4. Gaziel, H. (1976). A Comparative Study of Local Education Authority Structures. A report submitted to the "Stern Committee" for the Reorganization of the Education Department.
5. Gaziel, H. (1976). Anatomy of the Jewish Educational System in France, Bisdei Hemed, 19, 247‑253.
6. Gaziel, H. (1978). The School Principal as a Change Agent in Education, Bisdei Hemed, 21, 317‑324.
7. Gaziel, H. (1978). The R.C.B. as an Approach in Public Budgeting and its Application to Educational Organizations, Mikrahot Beminhal, 48, 28‑37.
8. Gaziel, H. (2007) The failure of the Israeli educational reforms: A managerial perspective? Hed Hahinuch, 8, 24-27.
Presentations at Scientific Conventions
1. Gaziel, H. (1978). Principal's Role Perception by Israeli School Administrators, The Third Annual Meeting of the Israeli Education Research Association, Hebrew University (Hebrew).
2. Gaziel, H. (1979). Supervisory Behavior and Teachers' Motivation", The Fourth Annual Meeting of the Israeli Educational Research Association, Haifa University (Hebrew).
3. Gaziel, H. (1979). A Model for Evaluating Decision Making Processes in Local Authorities, The Tenth Annual Meeting of the Israeli Sociological Society, Ben‑Gurion University (Hebrew).
4. Gaziel, H. (1980). Factors Related to Decision Making Patterns in Local Authorities, The Eleventh Annual Meeting of the Israeli Sociological Society, Haifa University.
5. Gaziel, H. (1980). Planning School According to Pupils' Needs, The Fifth Annual Meeting of the Israeli Educational Research Association, Bar‑Ilan University.
6. Gaziel, H. (1982). Factors Related to Educators' School Satisfaction, The Seventh Annual Meeting of the Israeli Educational Research Association, Hebrew University.
7. Gaziel, H. (1984). Determinants of Educational Expenditure Policy on the Local Level in a Centralized System, The Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, (Division G), New Orleans.
8. Gaziel, H. (1984). Evaluating and Measuring Educational Outputs in Local Communities, The International Convention on Communities Renewal, Jerusalem (Engish).
9. Gaziel, H. (1985). The Gender Factor and its Impact Upon School Administrator Behavior, The 16th Scientific Meeting of the Israeli Sociological Society, Tel-Aviv University.
10. Gaziel, H. (1986). Power and Control in Educational Organizations: A Comparative View, The Scientific Congress of the American Comparative Education Association, Washington D.C.
11. Gaziel, H. (1987). In Service Training Effects Upon Role Perception of School Administrators, The 13th Congress of the European Comparative Education Society, Budapest.
12. Gaziel, H. (1989). Attitudes Toward Educational Goals: A Comparative Study of Arab and Jewish School Administrators in Israel, The Congress of the International and Comparative Education Society, Montreal.
13. Gaziel, H. (1990). Team Management and School Effectiveness, The 14th Congress of the European Comparative Education Society, Madrid.
14. Gaziel, H. (1991). Dilemmas and Strategies in Supervising Professionals, The First International Conference of the Human Resource Management Association, Kfar Hamaccabia (English).
15. Gaziel, H. (1991). New Ingredients in a Theory Building in Educational Administration, The 12th Congress of the Israeli Sociological Society, Tel Aviv University.
16. Gaziel, H. (1992). Innovation et Reforme en Education: Le Cas de la Reforme de 1968 en Israel, The Congress of the International and Comparative Education Society, Prague.
17. Gaziel, H. (1992). Financing Education at the Crossroad: Equality Versus Public Choice, The 15th Congress of the Comparative Education Society in Europe, Dijon.
18. Gaziel, H. (1993). The New Trends in Vocational Education: How Effective They Are?, The 16th Congress of the Comparative Education Society in Europe, Copenhagen.
19. Gaziel, H. (1993). Research in Education (Round Table), The Fifth Conference of the International Association in Research in Education, Jerusalem.
20. Gaziel, H. (1994). Managerial Patterns of High-Performing Versus Average Performing Schools, The Congress of the International Association of School Effectiveness, Leuwarden (Holland).
21. Gaziel, H. (1994). Total Quality Education: Theory, Research and Practice, The First International Congress on Quality in Organizations, Jerusalem.
22. Gaziel, H. (1996). School Effectiveness and Effectiveness Indicators, American Educational Research Association-Annual Conference (SIG: School Effectiveness), New York.
23. Gaziel, H. (1996). Changes in Education Policy toward Arab Minorities: Stagnation, Evolution or Revolution. 12th Congress of The European Education Research Association, Crete (Greece).
24. Gaziel, H. (1997). School-Based Management and School Effectiveness. The Annual Conference of the International Association for Research in Education, Macerata, Italy.
25. Gaziel, H. & Maslovati, N. (1997). Predictors of Teachers’ Job Satisfaction: A Comparative Perspective, EARLI Conference, Athens.
26. Gaziel, H. (1998). Teacher’s Background and Type of Teacher’s Training Effect upon Teacher Effectiveness, ATEE Annual Conference, Limerick, Ireland.
27. Gaziel, H. (2000). Assessment Centers as Predictors of School Principal Performance, CESE Conference, Bologna, Italy.
- Gaziel, H. (2001). The Emergence of the Self Managing Schools in Israel: An Analysis from a Comparative Perspective, ATEE Annual Conference, Stockholm.
- Gaziel, H. (2003). Locus of Control, Sense of Efficacy and Perception of Stress
Among Educators. The 9th Conference of the International Society for the Study of
Work and Organizational Values, New Orleans.
30. Gaziel, H.(2004). Being a School Principal as a Second Career- An analysis of the
Experiences of Military Officers Who Decided to Run Schools. The CESE conference-Copenhagen.
31. Gaziel H. (2005). The emergence of SBM in Israel and Its effects upon school
effectiveness. University of Maryland, College Park.
32. Gaziel, H. (2006). Personal and Organizational Factors Effects upon Teachers' Educational Innovations Adoptions. ISSWOVconference, Talin, Estonia.
33. Gaziel, H. (2006). Principal Instructional Effects upon Students' Achievement :Re-Examined. The Annual Conference of the American Educational Research Association- San-Francisco.
34. Gaziel, H. (2008). External Evaluations and its Effects upon Teachers. The 6th Comparative Meeting of the Balkan Society of Comparative Education, Sofia, Bulgaria.
35. Gaziel, H. (2008). Why Educational Reforms Fail: A Comparative Perspective. CESE Conference, Athens.
36. Gaziel, H. (2008).. Global Education Myth or Reality: A Sociological analysis. ISSP, Lausanne, Switzerland.
37. Gaziel, H. (2010). Roles Perceptions and Job Stress among Special Education School Principals :Do They Differ from Principals of Regular Schools. The Annual Conference of ISSWOV, Estoril, Portugal.
38.Gaziel, H. &Ifanti, A.(2011). A comparative study of Israeli and Greece principals educational beliefs. ATEE conference, Riga, Latvia.
39. Gaziel, H.(2012) The effects of social organization of schools on teachers' self efficacy. European Society of Comparative Studies in Education(CESE) Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Gaziel, H& Ifanti, A.(2014). Teachers' evaluation systems: A comparative study, European Society of Comparative Studies in Education,(CESE Conference) Freiburg, Germany.
- The Israeli Government Award for the best Academic publication relating to Local Authorities Policy Making (1985).
- Ford 10 for Research in Education (1982).
- `Sherman Grant' of the British Council for Research and Development (1986).
- Ministry of Education Grant for an intervention longitudinal study in the schools in the city of Bat-Yam (1994).
- Histadruth Hamorim Teachers' Union Grant for studying primary school teachers personal profiles (1990).
- Ministry of Education Research Grant: School Based Management Policy and Implementation (2002).
- Pathology of educational organizations.
The emergence of SBM and its effect: An international perspective.
Israel policy regarding teacher professional status: What's done since the
emergence of the State of Israel.
Organizational orientation in private and public sector: An empirical study.